Saturday, May 16, 2009

Shop Talk - Quilt Market, New Patterns, and Inspiration

It's the middle of the Quilt Market. I have enjoyed going to my first market and it has been a bit overwhelming. There is so much stuff. I met several people - Kathy of Studio Kat, Jesse of Bananafana, Barbara of Vanilla House Designs, and Amy of Indygo Junction. Today will be my last day attending. Originally, I had planned on spending the whole day but I'm not going till later this afternoon.

I have purchased many new patterns and a new pattern line. All should be up at eBay by the end of new week. I even have a new PJ pattern for boys and girls. This is going to be a very versatile pattern. It contains versions for both summer and winter. Here's a peak:

















We had the most beautiful day in Pittsburgh yesterday. The sun was shining and the sky was blue. Ok, the sun does shine once in a while but we don't usually have the beautiful blue sky. This made me think about summer tops. Here's a few from the shop for you to think about:

The Perfect Tank Top pattern by Pamela's Patterns. This tank has a little more coverage along with the v-neck. When picking your size remember to use the high bust measurement.













Tank Dress Group pattern by Loes Hinse Design. This pattern is really versatile. It contains 2 dresses and 3 tops. Eileen Fisher uses the style in a lot of her summer items.






Tank Top / Pleated Top pattern by Silhouettes Patterns. This pattern has two top patterns included.

Don't forget about skirts and pants to go with those tops!

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love patterns from Vanilla House Designs.