Monday, June 27, 2011

Inspiration for Fall

Shouldn’t we sew for our kids? I loved sewing for my son when he was younger and may have to start again now that he’s a teen due to being tall and skinny. It’s hard to find age appropriate cool clothing. I might not get the cool factor but I know I can get the fit factor.

Here’s some inspiration for girls:


This is the Check dress by Burberry. The style is referred to a trench style. Personally, I see this as an almost classic shirt dress. This is a classic tan/multicolor check with a spread collar and button front. It has belt loops and a self belt. There are angled welt pockets and the straight hem has button tabs on the sides to elevate the sides slightly. Price tag: $195.00.

To duplicate, there is a similar shirt dress pattern for girls at McCall’s (6159). You would need to add the tabs and the welt pockets.

Here’s a tutorial to make welt pockets at Silhouette Patterns.

Happy Stitching!

No comments: