Saturday, July 28, 2012

149 days and counting....

Yes, that's right, there is 149 days till Christmas. Do you like to get started early with Christmas ideas/projects or are you a procrastinator? Personally, I think I fall into the latter category. I love to think that I will get things done. I make plans but I never seem to make the time to follow through.

Here's some ideas for the artist - young and old:


This is the Artful Bags and Accessories pattern by Serendipity Studio.  This pattern contains the following projects with bags sizes:
Artist Portfolio - 12" high x 16 1/2" wide x 1 1/4" thick
Crafty Carry-All - 14 1/2" high x 16" wide (at base, with an 18" wide opening at the top) x 6" deep at the base. The handles has a 9" drop.
Arts & Crafts Caddy - 12" high x 12" wide x 6" deep 

Couldn't you see this being a useful item?  I can see this as a great item for a mother to take along with her kids to keep them busy. Maybe even fill it for her.   I can also see this as something for an  art student to carry their supplies.


This is the Little Picasso smock/apron pattern by Fig Tree.  Here's a great little smock/apron for the younger artist.  Sizing information is up to about 7 years.  Make it scrappy, make it in one color and add embroidery.  In this case, you would be the artist.  Keep it cute.  A great gift to give a little person the gift of creative expression.  Don't forget the watercolors, brushes, and paper or the crayons and paper.

Happy Sewing!

No comments: