Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pillows for fall – inspiration plus!

Today inspiration is pillows.   Pillows are a great way to quickly change the look of your room. 

Here’s a few pillows to inspire for fall:


This lumbar pillow cover has 3 hand embroidered pumpkins.  The background is a 100% cotton with a hidden button closure.  Size is 16” x 26”.  It has a price tag of $69.50.  I think this could be duplicated using an osnaburg fabric or even a white or off-white muslin.  If you want a closer look, go to potterybarn.com and search for Pumpkin Embroidered Lumbar Pillow Cover.


This is an appliqued leaf pillow cover.   The background is 100% cotton with a hidden button closure.  Size is 24” square.  It has price tag of $49.50.  What a gorgeous pillow!  I think it would be fairly easy to do.  I would use an osnaburg to recreate this pillow.  It would be a little more rustic.  If you a closer look, go to potterybarn.com and search for Harvest Leaf Applique Embroidered Pillow Cover.
 


 This is a painted pumpkin outdoor pillow.  The background is woven polyester.  Size is 20”.  It has a price tag of $35.50. I can see this pillow on the rocking chair for my front porch.  I wouldn’t say that I’m a talented artist but I think I’m going to give this a try.  Has anyone used fabric paints on polyester? I would like to hear about this.   If you a closer look, go to potterybarn.com and search for Painted Pumpkins Outdoor Pillows. 

Here’s a few tutorials for fall pillows: 

Cluck Cluck Sew has a Scrap Buster Fall pillow tutorial -  http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2009/10/tutorial-scrap-buster-fall-pillow.html

 V & Co has a spray painted wheat pillow tutorial (oh, I can see many options for this) - http://www.vanessachristenson.com/2009/11/tutorial-spraypainted-wheat-pillows.html

 Make and take has a embroidered leaf pillow tutorial  (this one has a great way to make different leaf shapes) - http://www.makeandtakes.com/embroidered-fall-leaf-pillow

 Do you know of any other fall pillow tutorials?

 Here is a list of pillow patterns at the eBay store - Pillow Patterns.

 Happy Sewing!

No comments: