Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Inspiration for Fall

I was looking at the Theory tops collection at Neiman Marcus today. I found lots of interesting items. There were pleating at the neckline, little puffs sleeves, big feminine bows, and cowl necked tops. The fabrics were rayon, wool, cotton, polyester, etc.

The first top of interest is the red cowl-neck top. It is described as scoop neck cowl, ruched front, and long sleeved. Very cute. There is also a similar top in black. The fabric is rayon/spandex and it sells for $95.00. I will say that I call the area that is being referred to as "ruched" gathered. So, I will be checking up on my sewing terms. I must be getting rusty.


The second top of interest is the tie-neck top. It is described as a tie detail at bateau neckline and long sleeves with banded cuffs. I think that this would be fairly easy to add to a top. The fabric is wool / polyester and the top sells for $235.00.

Hope your inspired to create something beautiful.



Happy Sewing!



No comments: