Saturday, July 9, 2011

Another look for fall....

Here's a look that is for the office (or so they say):


I love the overall look of this outfit by Milly. 

Let's start with the jacket - The Colleen Peplum Jacket.  It is made out of cotton/spandex corduroy with a toggle at the waist.  The peplum hits below the hip.  The only thing I'm not too sure about it the hook & eye closure down the front.  I was unable to find a pattern exactly like this.  However, I did find Simplicity 2703 has a jacket with a similar feel (no hook & closure) with a label.  Corduroy is not listed as a recommended fabric.  Price tag on the Milly jacket - $395.00.

Now for the skirt - Deanna A-line Tweed Skirt.  It is made out of wool tweed blend, sits at the natural waist, has side pockets, and is knee length.  I think you could get a similar look using Joyce's Almost Bias Skirt pattern by Silhouettes, Amy's Skirt pattern by Silhouettes (I do not have this in stock but can order), (I realized that neither one of the Silhouettes skirt pattern will work with a wool tweed.) some of the Serendipity skirt patterns may work also.  The price tag on the Milly tweed skirt is $250.00.

Be sure to zoom in and check this outfit out.  There are lots of details that can easily be duplicated.

Happy Stitching!

No comments: