Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Thoughts of Christmas....

Well it's July and Christmas will be here before we know it.  Have you thought about gifts that you would like to make?  the gifts you want to purchase? or given it any thought at all?  Unfortunately, I'm in the later category with my own gifts.  However if I'm going to make anything, I need to start now.  The gifts to my family will need to be ready before Thanksgiving this year.

I've put together a couple of gift ideas for eReader wraps using:

The Reader Wrap pattern by Atkinson Designs.  This pattern will fit e-Readers that are 5 1/2" x 8" or smaller such as the Nook or Kindle.  For the first kit, I used both the Reader Wrap pattern and the Cash and Carry pattern.  Use leftovers to create the Cash and Carry bag with the cables.  For the second kit, I used the Reader Wrap pattern.  Both kits contain everything you need to create the create the wrap except for the closure.  The pattern has two options for the closure.  The d-ring option is available for an additional charge.  Here's the fabric - black and cream - that has been chosen for the first round of kits:


More fabric options are coming.  Some kits will include the pattern and some will not.  If you're interested in creating your own fabric combination for a kit with or without the pattern, let me know. 

Happy Sewing!

No comments: