Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Christmas is 170 days away! Gift Ideas, & Shop Talk

I just got an email from Fabric.com stating that Christmas is 170 days away. Although Christmas is 5 1/2 months away, I know that time will fly. This year I'm going to attempt to make a few of the gifts. I know that I will be making some shoe bags. I use the Shoe Bags pattern from Diane Bossom. It makes up well and it's quick. Look around while you are there. There are several serger projects available. If you don't have a serger, don't worry, just modify the instructions for the sewing machine.

Shop talk - Here's a gift idea from The Pattern Loft - How about a little bag for the cell phone, ipod, or any other small electronic item that people carry around? Pocket Book Pals is a great little example of a bag pattern that can be customized to fit the electronic item. Look around there are several other Little bags that are perfect for this type of gift.

Happy Sewing!

No comments: