Sunday, July 27, 2008

Stash Contest - Covington Bag

I have an update on the Covington Bag project. The outside is finished with the exception of the drawstrings. Those are the last item to be completed. There have been many challenges with this project. I ended up using 100/16 & 110/18 denim needles instead of the leather needle and a walking foot instead of the teflon foot. I'm happy with the outside of this bag. This has been a very challenging project.

Now, I'm working on the lining which turned out to be the front and back piece sewn flat. I will be modifying the lining. The modifications that I'm planning are adding some depth (the handbag has about 3" depth), adding a zippered pocket, a cell phone pocket, and just a patch pocket. I'm thinking about trying to create a tutorial for the zippered pocket.

I'm going to take a little break from this bag project and see if I can't do a couple of quicky projects.

Happy Sewing!

No comments: